General Policies and Instructions
- All abstracts must be original work.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts that may be submitted by an individual. However, splitting of a body of work into multiple abstracts is discouraged and consolidation into one abstract is preferred.
- Submission acknowledges consent to publication of the abstract on the Congress website and Avocado Source Website.
- The presenting author will be required to register for the Congress in order to ensure their abstract(s) is included in the final programme. Deadline for presenting author registration will be advised in the acceptance letter.
- All submissions must be completed electronically via the online submission portal.
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines and template provided. Abstracts will only be accepted and published if submitted using the supplied template.
- The abstract must not exceed the 250-word limit. Abstracts exceeding the word limit will be returned for re-submission. The word limit relates to the text only of the abstract and does not include title.
- Both English and Spanish abstracts are required for every submission.
- Both the English and Spanish versions of the abstract should fit on a single page.
- Please use the template – it has the format set as required.
- Margins – all at 25.4 mm (1 inch).
- Text – font Arial 10pt for abstract text, 11pt for title, authors and affiliations.
- Bold for title.
- Italics for authors.
- Presenting author underlined.
- Justified left and right with no indentation.
- Spacing – single-spaced, exactly at 12 pt, 6pt space after return.
- No more than 250 words for each translation of the abstract (English and Spanish).